The District of Coldstream is policed by the Vernon North Okanagan Detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The RCMP is committed to preserving the peace, upholding the law and providing quality service in partnership with the communities they serve. Coldstream residents receive 24 hour/day police coverage.
The Vernon North Okanagan Detachment is located at 3402 30th St. in Vernon, B.C.
Police emergency, call: 911
Police non-emergency line: 250-545-7171
RCMP Safe Communities Unit
The Coordinator of the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP Safe Communities Unit Rural Programs Coordinator, Warren Smith, provides Community Policing Services to Coldstream, Armstrong, Spallumcheen, Enderby and Lumby.
The objectives of these programs are:
- To reduce occurrence of crime through proven crime prevention methods and the development of new programs suited to actual needs.
- To reduce the fear of crime by establishing good communications between residents, businesses and community groups.
- To increase public awareness of crime issues through effective use of media and other available means.
- To increase community accessibility to police services.
- To increase community involvement in the development and delivery of crime prevention.
- To increase citizen involvement in crime prevention activities through the use of trained and dedicated volunteers.
A wide variety of information, programs and presentations is available on the following topics:
For more information on these and other programs and services, contact Warren Smith at 250‑550‑7843 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.