Water & Sewer Utilities
Invoiced on a quarterly basis, and payment is due on the last business day of January, April, July and October.
Irrigation of Coldstream farmland
|Minimum Charge||Fixed Rate||Consumption Rate|
|Residential||$94.10 per quarter||$56.45 per quarter||$2.51 per cubic meter|
|Commercial||$94.10 per quarter||$56.45 per quarter||$2.51 per cubic meter|
|Multiple Family||$94.10 per quarter||$56.45 per quarter / per unit||$2.51 per cubic meter|
For consumption of fifteen (15) cubic meters or less, the minimum charge will apply. For consumption greater than fifteen (15) cubic meters, the quarterly charge will be the fixed rate plus the consumption rate.
The consumption per meter rate will be charged based on the measured quantity of water consumption in the first billing period of the year (approximately January to March). This volume will be multiplied by the consumption rate for each and every quarter.
In addition to the charges above, all non-metered customers will be charged a flat rate of $94.10 per quarter, per unit.
Water (regulated by Greater Vernon Services)
Invoiced on a quarterly basis by the District of Coldstream, and payment is due to the District on the last business day of January, April, July and October.
Water consumption is shown in cubic metres near the bottom left side of the invoice.
Greater Vernon Services—Water oversees the supply and distribution of water to domestic, commercial, industrial, institutional and agricultural customers within the City of Vernon, District of Coldstream, and Electoral Areas B and C.
The District of Coldstream is responsible for maintenance of the water system within our boundaries.
- Base Fee for each domestic unit - $80.50 per quarter or part
- Consumption Rate, added to Base Fee:
- Tier A - 0 to 10 cubic metres $ 0.50 per cubic metre per quarter
- Tier B - over 10 to 20 cubic metres $ 0.90 per cubic metre per quarter
- Tier C - over 20 to 40 cubic metres $ 1.00 per cubic metre per quarter
- Tier D - over 40 to 80 cubic metres $ 1.25 per cubic metre per quarter
- Tier E – over 80 cubic metres $ 1.80 per cubic metre per quarter
Agricultural Allocation Fees
- Agricultural Allocation Fee - $61.25 per hectare of allocation per quarter or part
- Minimum Allocation Fee - $24.50 per quarter or part
- Special Irrigation - $61.25 per hectare per month or part per property to a maximum of $300.00 per month, per property and a minimum of 1 hectare
Other Water Rates
- Shut-off/turn-on/meter in/meter out fee - $30.00 per occasion
Additional rates for water consumption and use are listed in Greater Vernon Water Utility Rates Imposition Bylaw No. 2590, 2013 - PDF
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, money order or debit card at the District office. Payments may also be made over the counter at any financial institution in Canada, or via telephone or internet banking (use last 7 digits of your account number). If paying via internet banking, please check with your financial institution to ensure correct payee information for the District of Coldstream; some banks will have a payee account for utilities and a separate account for taxes). If paying by mail, leave plenty of time for mail delivery, as postmarks will NOT be considered as date of payment.
All customers are subject to a 12% per annum interest charge on utility amounts outstanding after the due date.
Utility amounts remaining unpaid as at December 31 are deemed to be taxes in arrears and shall be transferred to property taxes on March 1 of the following year.
For more information, contact the Finance Department at the Municipal Hall at 250-545-5304.
Recognizing that connecting to the municipal sewer system can be costly, and yet wanting to encourage residents to connect, Council has passed Sewer Financing Bylaw No. 1485. This will allow you to connect to the sewer at this time, and pay the total costs of the connection over a period of 5, 10 or 15 years.
- Download more information and Sewer Financing Application - 205Kb PDF
- Sewer Financing Bylaw No. 1485 - 425Kb PDF
For more information, contact the Finance Department at (250) 545-5304.