About the District of Coldstream
Incorporated in 1906, Coldstream has a total land area of 67.25 square km (2006 Census). The District is located just east of Vernon, surrounding the North end of Kalamalka Lake and extending through the beautiful Coldstream Valley.
"We, the Council of the District of Coldstream, are committed to a long-range plan for Coldstream, which fosters orderly growth and which enhances rural living at its best. Our mission is to make this a living plan supported by efficient fiscal management, appropriate policy and procedure development, and effective delivery of services."
- Incorporated: December 21, 1906
- Area: 7,645 hectares
- Population: 10,320 (est.)
- Parks: 76 acres
- Km of Roads: Paved - 122; unpaved - 11
- Coldstream Community Facts Sheet (Courtesy BC Statistics) (50Kb PDF)
- 2011 Census (Courtesy Statistics Canada)
View of the
Coldstream Valley looking east with Monashee Mountain range
©GVSC - Don Weixl Photography